Pertemps Scotland Ltd are working with our client in Edinburgh to recruit for a Finance Manager in the Public Sector on a temporary basis for initially 3 months with potential of extension.
Due to current circumstances this role will be based remotely.Day rate:
£156 - £183 (Inside IR35)The main duties would be:
- Developing and managing relationships with Managers and budget holders, understanding the business and identifying opportunities to influence the strategic direction of directorates and the decisions they are making.
- Providing analysis and review in the Directorate monthly variance analysis reports, for consideration by Executive Team, Board, and other senior leadership groups.
- Significant involvement in operational planning and budgeting process, including preparation of Directorate budgets in consultation with Directorate colleagues.
- Coaching responsibilities for the Analysts who support the Directorates through the preparation of management accounts and transactional analysis.
- Provision of ad-hoc financial support within Directorates and to the Head of Finance Business Partnering, showing a "can-do" attitude and enabling evidence-based decisions.
- Representing Finance within key Directorate management groups.
- Taking ownership of the overall financial position of the Directorates, using professional judgement to identify and investigate areas of concern and ensuring effective understanding of Directorate activities.
- Collating and reviewing the Corporate financial position on a monthly basis, ensuring information is robust and complete and preparing draft finance papers for Board and other senior committees.
- Take ownership of the management of the corporate budget and its reconciliation to the General Ledger.
- Support the Head of Finance Business Partnering to plan, oversee and report on the financial planning process, collating and reviewing corporate information.
- Working with colleagues from across the finance directorate to ensure processes, systems and information provided meets the needs of the Finance Business Partnering team.
- Identifying potential improvements to finance processes with a particular focus on using core financial and reporting systems (Cedar/e-Financials, PECOS, Business Objects) to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of finance work.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement approach across the range of Finance Directorate tasks.
- Supporting line manager, the head of the Finance Business Partners team, as required.
- When required, deputising for line manager or representing the Finance Directorate at the organisation and external events.
- Degree or equivalent
- CCAB Accountancy qualification (or recognised international equivalent)
- Experience in collection, analysis and reporting of large quantities of qualitative and quantitative data
- Significant experience of budget management and forecasting in a complex environment
- Experience of business partnering and/or providing support and challenge to senior colleagues
Candidates are required to have a Basic Disclosure Scotland Certificate