Our client is a leading local Council. They require a Minimum Energy Efficiency Enforcement Officer to join them on a Temporary Basis until March 2022. This role is part time - 30 hours a week.Purpose
To lead on a new project to set up an effective Minimum Energy Efficiency (MEES) Compliance process. This will focus on identifying non-compliant rented properties and landlords. You will share learning within our Private Rented Sector team and energy partners to ensure lessons learnt are embedded in future processes.
You will create a sustainable process for future enforcement actions, including monitoring and enforcement systems that will remain after the project funding ceases.
The role will be responsible for complex case management and ensuring the Council uses its statutory obligations to comply with legislations and provide the best outcome for residents.
- Lead on MEES compliance process taking proactive steps to deal with non-compliant landlords and take enforcement action when required.
- Provide specialist advice in this area of work, ensuring all legal obligations are met and planned for.
- Using the toolkit and other proven methods, staff will engage with non-compliant PRS landlords, moving to enforcement and legal action if improvements are not taken.
- Provide expert legislative evidence to stakeholders, including the political environment as required to ensure the Council complies with its legal obligations.
- Act as a complex case officer to take forward challenging cases to conclusion, including enforcement action including summary court proceedings, obtaining warrants and serving of notices and orders when appropriate
- Provide expert support to staff on cases to advise on legal issues as required, particularly when enforcement action is likely.
- Determine all types of housing related grant aid and other financial assistance applications in accordance with Council policy, including authorising approvals and payments.
- Keep up to date with changes in legislation and support the leadership of the function to update policies and procedures as required.
- Complete monthly summary reports including KPI's to funders.
- Prepare final summary report.
You rill need proven Enforcement experience and have a full-clean driving licence.
Benefits of being a Reed temporary employee:
- Weekly Pay
- Holiday Pay - 28 days per annum
- Reed Rewards
- Life Assurance
- Training & Development
- Reed Discount Club
- Eye Test & Spectacle Vouchers
- Reimbursed Police Checks
- E-Account for timesheets, payslips etc.
- Professional Temping Agreement
- First and Secondary points of contact
If you are interested in this wonderful opportunity, then please apply now or send your CV to or or call