We are currently looking to recruit a driven and experienced Materials Manager to join a leading Automotive manufacturer . This provides an opportunity to join an extremely stable and expanding British manufacturer who are a household name in their industry.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable background within Materials Management ideally with experience working within the Truck, Off Highway, Coach industry. Knowledge of Fabrication, Mech/ Elec Assembly, Paint and Finishing is all advantageous.
Successful candidates will be required to lead a team of 7 to ensure management and continual flow of materials across the site to ensure continual flow of product to reduce any downtime.
Candidates will ideally hold a minimum HNC/ONC qualification in Engineering/ Manufacturing with a clear history of materials management within a Manufacturing Engineering environment.
Hours - Monday - Thursday - 07:00 and 16:45
* Liaise with Supply Chain to agree scope of supply to ensure parts are delivered in the appropriate packaging/stillages
* Maintain line side storage and Kan Ban systems
* Raise manual orders and transfer orders for spares
* Issue weekly production schedules to ensure the plan fully meets delivery dates.
* Ensure adherence to ISO 9001 quality system
* Ensure line side materials and inventory are handled correctly and stored in the required manner.
* Carry out periodic checks for BOM accuracy utilising picklists to ensure parts have correct part number/ description/ issue and quantity.
* Ensure jigs, fixtures, tools and safety equipment are readily available.
* Deal with any issues arising within the team including performance reviews, holiday, rtw's, etc
* Conduct regular team briefings to promote good channels of 2 way communication.
* Control of departmental budget
* Regular review of processes to reduce cost
* Promote lean principles within the department
* HNC/ONC qualified in Engineering / Manufacturing
* Demonstrable experience working within a Materials Management role within manufacturing engineering
* ILM Management studies ( Advantageous)
* Strong Man Management skills
* Excellent IT Skills
This vacancy is being advertised by Cornerstone Technical Solutions Ltd who are acting as an Employment Agency