Process and Applications Sales Engineer
My client is a well-established and innovative capital equipment engineering and manufacturing business, with a global sales & manufacturing reach within the Oil & Gas/Petrochemicals sector. As leaders in their field, they are embarking upon a period of significant growth and developing new international markets. They pride themselves on having first-class product quality, as well as going above and beyong for their customer base in crafting outstanding technical solutions.
They are recruitng a role for a commercially-minded Chemical Engineer with a Process Engineering background, who has some subsequent customer-facing experience & is looking for a more commercially-orientated role (or has already been a Sales Engineer previously). The company would also be interested in communicative and enthusiastic candidates with the right technical experience, even if this would represent a first step into a customer-facing role.The Role
The role will involve an interesting blend of technical and commercial exposure; and you'll be able to utilise your process engineering knowledge in order to craft solutions to the customers' needs. Most of the company's projects and high-value, engineered-to-order compressor packages, so there will be plenty of meaty projects to get stuck into.
You will be utilising your process, engineering and technology knowledge and experience to create solutions for customer compression requirements across existing and new applications and markets- tailoring proposals with the support of an experienced projects team and having the opportunity to visit major customers across the global (c10%-20% travel).
You will also be working in close collaboration with the Product Sales team to support customer requirements, develop winning bid strategies and create alignment with applications/markets to help grow and develop the company's product footprint.The Person
- Educated to Degree level or equivalent in Chemical Engineering
- Direct experience as Applications Engineer or Process engineer in Oil & Gas/Petrochemical fields
- Ability to interpret the results of the design phase in order to specify a range of equipment whilst taking into consideration company specifications, client specifications, and international codes/standards
- Experience in obtaining compliant quotations for medium to high specification equipment
- Ability to pro-actively solve problems and to think laterally, whilst working under pressure
- Excellent communication, negotiating, influencing and inter-personal skills.
- Ideally working knowledge of ASME/ANSI/PED/API standards.
- Knowledge and experience of Process design techniques and software (Aspen Hysys preferred)
- Understanding of the requirements of multiple disciplines, and how these influence packaged systems,
- particularly: Piping, Control Systems, Safety, Mechanical, and Operations.
- Design experience in Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, or Refrigeration industries.
- Great communication skills and the personality to be in a customer-facing/commercial role
In return, you'll have the opportunity to play an important part in the continued growth of a market-leader with a world class culture, as they continue to expand. There will be an excellent base salary on offer, along with surrounding benefits package, inclding significant bonus potential. Don't miss out on this great opportunity, apply now!