Drayton are delighted to be supporting a hugely successful client from the food and drink industry in recruiting a Supply Chain Director. This new role represents an excellent opportunity to take full responsibility for their end to end supply chain - planning, manufacturing, procurement and technical. The Supply Chain Director will act as the company's main advisor on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the company maintains its competitive position. Extensive supply chain management management experience with a recognisable, respected food or FMCG organisation is pre-requisite.Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Lead the development of corporate strategy in the areas of procurement, supply chain planning, manufacturing and technical functions to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Direct and oversee the team to ensure that they are motivated and trained to carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that core operational functions achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control operational budgets to promote profitability and ensure the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters.
- To ensure all branded product is manufactured to the required quality standard.
- To ensure all co-manufacturing partners and suppliers are compliant with Technical standards defined by the business.
- At least 10 years supply chain management experience with a recognisable, respected food or FMCG organisation.
- Minimum of 3 years experience at Director level or equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.