Our Blackburn branch at Key Stage are looking to recruit a Special Educational Needs (SEN) Teaching Assistant (TA) to support as pupil with Autism (ASC) at a Primary School based within Accrington. This opportunity is to work full time within in a small primary school, Ofsted rated 'Good' where children and staff are extremely friendly and welcoming.
There has been an opening for a role to support a pupil on a one to one basis and will include working closely with this pupil to follow their Educational Health Care Plan (EHCP) to ensure that they can engage in an enriching curriculum to support their development and progression. We are particularly looking for a SEN TA who has previous experience with Autism (ASC) and/or has a sound understanding of the complexities around ASC. We are particularly keen to find a person who can be enthusiastic and has the ambitious to ensure that this child succeeds and fulfils milestones in their Education. Ideally, you will have a Level 2 TA qualification and experience of working with ASC as a minimum and have the enthusiasm and passion for supporting pupils with SEN in a mainstream school environment.
Typical School hours are 8.15am-3.30pm with an hour for lunch. Any variance to this will be confirmed by your consultant prior to your assignment.
Candidates applying for this post must:
* Have previous experience working as a SEN TA in particular with ASC
* Have a CACHE Level 2 TA qualification or equivalent
* Be able to successfully use positive and effective behaviour management strategies
* Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Have a recent DBS that is on the DBS update service or be prepared to undertake a new DBS with Key Stage Teacher Supply
From Key Stage Teacher Supply you will have:
* A dedicated specialist consultant committed to finding you your desired employment
* Competitive rates of daily pay
* Attractive refer a friend scheme and an opportunity to giveback to the community
Key Stage Teacher Supply are a leading education recruitment agency placing Teachers, Teaching Assistants, Cover Supervisors, HLTAs and Nursery Nurses into Schools and Nurseries across Lancashire and Lancaster. We have an experienced team of recruiters and teachers waiting to take your call. If you would like to join a professional friendly agency and are looking to move your career forward by gaining valuable experience or would like to earn some extra money by doing some supply then click 'APPLY NOW' and attached a copy of your most recent CV