Salary: £24,000 per annum, plus performance bonus & benefits
*This role is based in the United Kingdom and as such all normal working days must be carried out in the United Kingdom* We are Together
-Proud to be a Financial Services success story based in South Manchester. Established in 1974, we employ over 600 colleagues.
Over 47 years of successful trading has positioned Together
as a market leader, thanks to a common-sense approach to lending. We play our part to turn challenges into opportunities which make our customers' financial ambitions accessible.
We are looking for a Senior Finance Admin Clerk
to join us on a permanent basis based in our office in Cheadle.
Complete complex processes and oversee associated transactional activities, to ensure data integrity and provide an effective and efficient service to the business and our customers whilst maintaining high internal standards. Mentor Admin Clerks within the team and step in to provide support where necessary (covering workloads and holidays). Committed to delivering high quality customer service, meeting SLA's and working within defined policies and procedures of the department and the business as a whole.
Together is a business that never stands still, providing an exciting place to work for individuals who deliver to a high-standard and embrace change. We understand that for our business to grow, our people must grow.Key Responsibilities:
- Complete complex processes and oversee supporting administration and processing. Processing, high value transactions in a highly fast pace department (e.g. processing daily postings -/+ £37M, daily redemptions -/+ £4M, monthly Direct Debit receipts -/+ £21M, processing daily payments -/+ £20M, monitoring returned funds, weekly purchase ledger processing -/+ £6M).
- Engage in project work, supporting management to ensure we obtain the best efficiency outcome whilst providing SME guidance to support testing of new processes and championing the identified and realised change.
- Provide solutions to your direct Team Manager on issues you have encountered.
- Effectively communicate with internal customers in order to maintain relationships, displaying a professional image at all times.
- Verify the correct control checks have been considered to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial data.
- Ensure all internal controls are followed at all times by Finance Operations and the business, reporting any concerns to management.
- Provide status of accounts and discrepancy reporting, escalating inconsistencies relating to all funds in and out of the business to minimise business risk.
- Complete control checks to ensure all Financial Mandating is present and regulatory consideration has taken place.
- Reconciliation and query resolution delivering high quality customer service.
- Support management and colleagues as required and champion Together's 'play your part' beliefs, leading by example to maximise team effectiveness.
- Ensure process steps are up to date and "one best way" is followed accurately and efficiently (always seeking efficiencies).
- Provide QA and feedback to processes completed across the business areas.
- Other ad hoc duties as required.
- GCSEs at C level or above in Maths and English
- Substantial Finance clerk experience (or equivalent) with evidence of operating to a high standard
- Strong computer literacy with Intermediate level MS Office and previous experience of utilising data bases
- Multi cross skilled across the department, providing holiday cover as required
- Excellent numeracy, literacy and problem solving skills (provide possible solutions to problems found)
- Able to work under pressure, uses own initiative and constantly seeking to improve
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service and organisational skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and using own initiative, often to tight deadlines and high standards.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team and support colleagues
- Ability to receive and deliver feedback in an open/constructive manner
- Effective multi-tasking skills
- Advanced level MS Office and data bases
We offer a range of company benefits, including shared reward scheme, discretionary bonus, 24 days holiday plus your Birthday, entitlement increases over time, holiday purchase scheme, matched pension contribution, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, access to company's holiday homes, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where possible we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.*please note that all successful applicants will undergo relevant employment reference, financial and criminal record checks.