Our client, a forward thinking organization offering excellent flexibility, are seeking a motivated Assistant Finance Business Partner to join their team. This is a fantastic opportunity for a studying Assistant Accountant looking to take the next step in their career.
The purpose of this role is to support the Senior Finance Business Partner on the delivery of a finance business partner function, providing timely, accurate and meaningful information to enable informed decisions to be made.
The role will provide support in producing annual budgets and monthly reporting including the day to day contact with the wider organisation.
· Provide financial expertise to influence and support the budget managers in their decision making and to highlight business performance improvement opportunities.
· Support the development of cost reduction strategies. This will be achieved through the utilisation of analytical skills to provide intelligent information, insight and analysis supported by internal and external benchmarks.
· Provide day to day support to the finance business partners and directorates, including the posting of recharges, journals, virements and staff amendment forms. Responsible for the distribution of monthly budget reports to all budget managers.
· Assist with the preparation and review of the revenue budgets in liaison with budget managers in accordance with the agreed timetable and under the direction of the Senior Finance Business Partner. To assist in the provision of activity costings.
· Investigate discrepancies and reporting of revenue budgets and variances to managers.
· To be responsible for ensuring the financial information is timely and accurate and recorded in accordance with the service reporting code of practice so that reliance can be placed upon the work for both year-end projections and the production of the annual financial statements.
· Responsible for the completion of the monthly and quarterly government returns.
· Strive for continuous improvement of processes and procedures operating in an innovative and cost effective manner identifying and actioning efficiencies where appropriate.
Require skills & experience:
· Part qualified AAT qualification.
· Demonstrable recent experience in a busy financial environment.
· Demonstrable experience in budget preparation and monitoring process.
· Demonstrable experience in a finance team within the public sector.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· Ability to interpret and act on legislation and codes of practice advising staff and Members.
· Demonstrable excellent communication skills and the ability to interpret information to users and provide innovative and imaginative solutions to deliver service objectives.
· Demonstrable knowledge of financial management systems e.g. Integra, Civica.
· Ability to work under own initiative.
· Comprehensive working knowledge of Microsoft applications particularly advanced excel skills