Our client is now recruiting for an experienced Civil Litigation Solicitor to join its expanding team in Barbican, London.
The ideal candidate should have strong post qualification, or a wealth of vocational, experience in civil litigation and will be required to handle all aspects of their cases from the pre-action stage up to and including appeals, if required. Successful candidates will be able to be proactive in developing and following appropriate litigation strategies both alone and as part of a team.
Our client will also consider experienced Litigators who are looking for progression and can offer a Senior Litigation position within their firm.
* Managing a civil litigation caseload from inception to conclusion.
* Reviewing and creating initial case plans by assessing client instructions and carrying out a review of available documentation at the outset of a case to determine suitable strategies to adopt;
* Providing support and guidance to fee earners and legal assistants within the team;
* Liaising with clients in order to advise on case prospects and take proofs of evidence to be used in the case;
* Preparation of documents to include correspondence, pleadings and witness statements;
* Attending court hearings both in person and by telephone;
* Attending case conferences with external counsel, where required;
* Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls;
* Providing updates to clients by email, letter or phone to ensure they receive up to date and adequate information about the progress of a case, when required;
* Liaising with accounts to ensure funds are allocated to the appropriate accounts in line with the Solicitor Accounts Rules 2011;
* Ensuring compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011.
* Must be a Solicitor with 2+ years PQE within Civil Litigation
* Effective use of Case Management System
* Adherence to SLAs and KPIs
* Efficiently and effectively run your own caseload
* Managing expectations of clients and effectively deal with any complaints that arise as in line with Company policy
* Candidates must litigation experience from commencing proceedings all the way through to trial, including attending CMC's and making applications
* Multi track experience is preferable with Fast Track Litigation experience as a must
* Candidates must have instructed and attended conference with counsel
Should you have any questions or wish to apply please do not hesitate to contact Clear Legal Recruitment Limited.
Please Note: Due to the number of applications we receive we may be unable to respond to every application directly. If you have not heard from us within 3 working days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful