Randstad Engineering are currently recruiting for an industry leader in steel manufacturing to come and work as a Lab Assistant in Shotton, Deeside.
The position is paying £10.45 per hour and is on a 12 month contract with the possibility of going permanent at the end of the 12 months.
The shift pattern is a regular day shift, working Monday to Friday with plenty of opportunity for overtime if wanted.The role will include -
The ideal candidate will -
- Ensure that operations, including those undertaken in the Company's behalf by third party service providers, are conducted in a manner that fully complies with Tata Health and Safety, quality, environmental and corporate policies.
- To provide all testing services required by the business in a timely fashion, maintaining accurate records for analysis and traceability.
- To monitor plant performance and identify where improvements could be made with respect to quality and productivity.
- Be actively involved in own personal development plans to maximise performance in the role and the contribution to succession requirements of the business.
- Have at least a level 3 qualification in a technical/science subject
- Be competent in using Excel
- Be confidently able in using wood working equipment
- Have good technical awareness
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.