Our Client has a successful Private Client service and is highly regarded and successful division within its Succession & Tax, Residential Property and Family Law teams. Nationally the practice generates fees of over £10m and comprises of 120 fee earners across several well-established offices. The firm is looking for a Private Client Solicitor / Associate to join the Succession and Tax team in Oxford.
As a Private Client Solicitor, you will be expected to run your own caseload of legal work which will include:
- Preparation of Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney for UK based and international clients
- Estate planning (including lifetime and post-death planning), to cover advice on inheritance tax, capital gains tax and income tax and the creation of lifetime trust
- Obtaining grants of probate or letters of administration and administering estate, including foreign domicile, re-sealing of grants and intestate estate
- Preparing deeds of variation, deeds of gifts and deeds of family arrangement
- Providing trust advice particularly around setting up, management and administration with reference to the firm's dedicated Trust Administration team (as required)
Skills & Experience:
- Sound and solid background in wills and probate with experience of running independent caseloads
- Strong technical competence and intellectual ability (STEP qualification preferred)
- Confident and personable approach, with excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- A proven ability to work effectively as part of a team, providing a role model for others to follow, to supervise others and to delegate effectively
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of high levels of client care
To apply for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Gayle Woolf at G2 Legal.