Financial Accountant | Music Industry | 6 Month Contract | London
Harmonic are delighted to be working on an exclusive basis with a world-famous, renowned Music business, who are looking to recruit a Financial Accountant on a 6-month contract, with the strong likelihood of turning permanent.The Business
The company is a major player within the music industry, but still has retained a fantastic warm and sociable working environment. Based in Central London, the business is well established and highly regarded as one of the World's leading music publishers.
A vacancy has arisen for a technically gifted accountant who is able to come in and lead on the statutory reporting and compliance piece. This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong technical accountant to get their foot in the door of a growing Music business.The Role
In this role, you will be reporting directly into the Head of Financial Reporting, who is renowned for having a supportive management style. There will be a strong technical focus on the role around the Statutory Reporting. You will be responsible for taking ownership of the statutory reporting obligations for UK and European entities, liaising with external accountants as well as supporting the Head of Finance with ad-hoc projects.Duties
Your duties will include but not be limited to:
What we need to see (essential):
- Own the statutory reporting for the UK and European (France, Netherlands) entities.
- Working closely with the auditors
- Liaising with external accountants
- Ensure compliance with accounting standards
- Reviewing internal controls and processes
- Manage Tax returns (VAT, WHT)
- Ad-hoc projects to support the Head of Finance
What we'd like to see (bonus):
- Relevant financial accounting experience
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Excellent knowledge of UK GAAP
- Great communication skills
- European entity experience
- Experience working in the music or media industry (knowledge of Royalties)
If this is something of interest, please get in touch at or please apply online.
Due to the high volume of applications, we are receiving, if you haven't heard back from us please assume your application was unfortunately unsuccessful on this occasion.