The role will play a key part in maintaining, shaping and developing Financial reporting capabilities, processes & procedures and control. This is a great opportunity to work with a rapidly growing business on an interim basis during a busy period.
Our client are an innovative fast-growing business and a leader in their field.
Finance Manager will be responsible for a number of areas including:
- Managing and reviewing end-to-end reconciliations to ensure that transactions taking place on the website and other systems are properly reflected in the ERP system
- Period end reporting including management accounts and other deliverables for the Management Team and other stakeholders
- Monitoring controls and reconciliations to ensure that underlying processes and financial reporting are well managed and tightly controlled
- Ownership of VAT returns and other reporting
- Overseeing / performing testing of Business Central, our ERP system, following development work (e.g. implementation of new workflows, development of new import files and bank export files, transactions relating to new products)
- Working with colleagues across the business to understand new products & services which are proposed, ensure that finance requirements are scoped into the development plan, and that the correct transactions are captured
- Working closely with non-finance teams to ensure that operational and administrative activities which touch on finance are adequately controlled
- Reporting to banks in respect of inventory which is funded by an Asset Backed Lending facility
- Managing bulk purchases, which requires a strong working relationship with the operations team and our colleagues in group companies
- Participation in ad-hoc projects
- Qualified accountant with appropriate qualifications (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
- Available immediately or at short notice for an initial interim role
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
- Track record of managing and developing a finance team
- Passion for finding solutions to enhance performance Background in financial control & financial reporting
- Well-organised with excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task
- Strong, current technical skills
- Experience of improving financial and operational processes
- Articulate, persuasive, confident, possessing sound intellect; a self-starter with the ability to combine professional rigour with practical business requirements
Our client are offering the chance to join their successful growing organisation with an ASAP interim start at a competitive rate. There could be the potential for a permanent role in the future, although this is not guaranteed.