This new hire will join their 24-hour Statistical Arbitrage Execution desk and will have exposure to all major markets globally. The successful candidate will gain significant experience in market structures, analysing trading strategies/signals and suggesting improvements, one will also have the opportunity to develop coding skills.
This role is based in their satellite office, and while relocation might present a hurdle, the upside is that it provides a rare opportunity for someone to gain trading experience in a globally renowned Hedge Fund. Nice private accommodation is provided as part of the re-location package and the monetary benefits of working for a hedge fund in a low tax environment make it a very lucrative opportunity. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring algorithmic trading for multiple strategies across London, New York and Tokyo. Primarily across FX, Commodities, Equities and Swaps.
- Highlight any anomalies in trading and work out why this may be the case, halting trading in any securities/markets if necessary.
- Improving current trading strategies and analysing any underperformance of the current strategies and how to better them.
- Preparation of strategies prior to market open - ensuring that services are connected to brokers/exchange, inserting of corporate actions, correcting any errors in the process etc.
- Monitor any latency which may occur during trading and investigate.
- Monitoring risk parameters.
- Analysing opportunities to expand the company's current signals.
- Actively work with Software Developers and Quants to improve in house systems and the strategic performance of the funds.
- Improving the efficiency of the company's process - exchange costings, new order types, new brokers.
- Interface between different areas of the business to implement any new changes.
- Relevant experience from working in a Trading firm, Hedge Fund, Investment Bank or other transferable finance experience
- Ideally some experience working in an algo trading environment
- Graduated with a numerical focused Degree from a reputable university, along with having strong Maths grades from both A levels and GCSE's (or equivalent).
- Good Excel skills and other technical skills would be a plus