NHS Property Services is one of the UK's largest real estate and property owners, providers and advisors to the NHS Estate. We have a diverse portfolio in excess of 3500 properties ranging from listed buildings through to award winning, state-of-the-art integrated health campuses.
As an integral part of the NHS, we strive to provide best in class property and facilities services across our estate and this success is driven by our People!
We want to get, grow and keep great people at every level aligned with our values and we are creating an engaged and enabled, values-driven culture. Please note this role is being offered on a 6 months fixed term contract.Main purpose / scope of the role:
The Property Management Accountant (PMA) is responsible for all aspects of property accounting within a designated portfolio of properties. The PMA role works closely as part of a team with other PMA's, AM and FM colleagues to ensure efficient and accurate accounting of our customer and company funds. The PMA role requires the use of the Horizon and NAV systems.Key Responsibilities:
Billing and billing related activities including
- Review of interim billing reports to assist in ensuring bills are issued to customers in an accurate and timely manner.
- Raising invoices and credit notes on the Horizon/NAV systems.
- Calculation of subsidy amounts and recovery of shortfalls from relevant parties.
Working with the Customer Service Centre (CSC) team to investigate and resolve customer queries within the agreed KPI/SLA's.
- Service Charge and FM Accounting
- Work with AM and FM colleagues in setting the property level budgets for each financial year.
- Loading Service Charge and FM budgets to Horizon using the Expense Recovery Management functionality.
- Running the Expense Recovery On-Account Calculation process on Horizon to allocate the Service Charge and FM budgets to customers to create the regular charge amounts used for billing.
- Ensure that the Unit Apportionment's total 100% for all Service Charge and FM schedules to ensure full recovery of costs.
- Verify and produce backing documents for customers from Horizon and in advance of the start of the financial year.
- Review expenditure allocations per property on a monthly basis and process any correcting journals.
- Complete year end service charge and FM reconciliations on Horizon
Month End Process
- Review of property level Income and Expenditure figures in line with the month end timetable.
- Process any month end adjustments in NAV and Horizon as required. o Liaise with central finance and FPT teams via meetings/conference calls.
- Using system generated reports to resolve queries.
- Review and resolution of issues identified by MI reports to be established as part of the Data Steering/Quality Group.
- Report to PPFM and keep them informed of any issues relevant to the management of properties and customers.
To succeed in this role, candidates should be educated to degree level, or have equivalent demonstrable experience in Property Management Accounting together with a recognised accounting qualification. Experience using Qube Horizon or an equivalent recognised property management system e.g. Tramps, Yardi, Qube ECS, MRI. Exposure to using a PMA system for billing and year end service charge reconiliations is key, alongside property VAT knowledge.Please note this role is being offered on a 6 months fixed term contract.
We believe in hiring for attitude and training for skills. By joining NHS Property Services, you become part of a talented, dedicated team of experts who are passionate about supporting the NHS and its people in their vital work.
At NHS Property Services Ltd we celebrate?diversity, and?we are working hard to create an inclusive environment where people love to work and can fulfil their potential.
Please see our privacy notice for candidates here: NHS Property Services | NHSPS Privacy Notice for Candidates
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unfortunately unable to respond to every applicant.
Best of luck with your application.