We are currently working with a fantastic business based near Guildford who require an experienced PR professional to join their established business. As an Account Manager you should be capable, confident and energetic with a good understanding of your client's business, industry and competitive market and be able to demonstrate both strong media communications skills as well as expert client management ability.RESPONSIBILITIESAccount Management
Analyst and Investor Skills
- Demonstrate a good understanding of the client's business, industry and competitive market.
- Contribute to the design of the communications strategy and demonstrate a strong understanding of the objectives and requirements.
- Execute the day-to-day communications strategy, managing up to the Account Director and overseeing junior staff.
- Run and manage the client activity calendar or planner. Proactively remind Account Directors and more junior staff of forthcoming planned activity and events to ensure it is executed in a timely manner.
- To lead meetings. Ensuring that preparation for the meeting is well organised and that Account Director or senior company member are fully briefed on meeting contents
- Prepare all meeting materials, e.g. agenda, media reports, contact report etc. which require minimal checking.
- Build good relationships with your client at the appropriate level and support in the overall management of client relationships to the best of your capability.
- Maintain regular proactive contact with the client by phone and email.
- Build a good understanding of your client's analyst universe.
- Drive analyst engagement programmes.
- Monitor for daily analyst notes.
- Maintain consensus forecast sheets.
- Conduct analyst feedback reports with the support of your Account Director
- Where appropriate build your own relationships with the sell side analysts and corporate brokers.
- Be able to initiate a solid analyst Q&A script.
- Be able to provide valuable and relevant comment on company analyst materials (presentations etc.).
- Complete understanding of how the media works in the particular areas in which you operate - the opportunities available and building relationships with journalists, etc.
- Drive the media relations programme for all clients as laid out in the PR or activity plan. Know the relevant journalists and cultivate relationships with them.
- Pro-actively seek and identify publicity opportunities to ensure that the maximum level of coverage is achieved for your client, project, etc.
- Oversee programmes of media promotional activity, such as competitions and reader offers, etc.
- Competent in all verbal approaches to journalists - consumer, business-to-business and trade - to sell in ideas and discuss opportunities. Accustomed to active (rather than passive) communication.
- Competent in basic media tactics (on and off the record).
- Plan and manage the organisation of events ranging from workshops, photocalls, press conferences, openings, training days etc. on behalf of clients.
- Understand and advise on media handling including interview briefings, developing Q&A's, exclusives, embargoes and crisis communications.
- Writing coherent and factually accurate press releases and copy that requires minimal amends from the Account Director and clients.
- Ability to draft feature copy for trade, consumer, corporate and business publications for clients that is well informed and appropriate to the end user with minimal client or media amendment
- Amending and improving press releases, internal copy for newsletters etc. drafted by account executive.
- Cultivate opportunities rather than simply react to requests.
New Business and Marketing
- Responsibility to adhere to administrative requirements (reporting, timekeeping, expenses, invoices)
- Maintain a focus and awareness of account profitability and work with your Account Director to ensure the account is kept profitable.
Internal People Management
- Take ownership of your own area of new business research as part of the company's new business strategy and proactively work towards targets set.
- Proactively build your own network of referrers and contacts where possible to help develop new business streams as well as building broader positive awareness of the brand.
- Participate proactively in all pitch processes, support on research, pitch strategy and development take ownership of holding the master on pitch documents where appropriate and help drive the entire process as directed by your Director.
- Work in a collaborative way with team a member, which promotes partnership and team-ship.
- Be skillful at managing up, down and across the agency.
- If you do have staff reporting into you, take ownership for their career reviews as in line with company policy.
- Take an active role in coaching any junior staff and providing motivation and leadership.
Resource and Development
- Support company culture wholeheartedly, sharing the company's vision and values with staff and encouraging a positive working environment.
- Play and active role in developing the agencies broader resources and practices to ensure seamless operation to support business growth.
Due to the high number of applications that we receive, if you do not hear from us within 5 working days then your CV has not been successful on this occasion.