Commercial Finance Manager (12-month fixed term contract) Spalding, Lincolnshire Up to £65,000 per annum (flexible working home/office)
Reporting into the Head of Finance this is an extremely fast paced role in fast moving industry. You will oversee a small team of 2 to include a Management Accountant and Financial Analyst and be responsible for Business Partnering the commercial teams and showing a true focus on customer profitability.
Key aspects of the role will include Analysis of weekly performance reporting and supporting the preparation management accounts. You will hold a key position in the budgeting and quarterly re-forecasting process and respond to internal data requests.
- Business Partner the Commercial team, support them with added value financial information around true customer/product profitability, gap analysis etc
- Support the business in understanding and interrogating weekly performance reporting
- Act as financial link across sites/Business Units to help ensure a joined up Commercial approach on decision making
- Help the business make smarter, profit-maximising decisions
- Work with the department Managers to produce monthly accounts & reconciliations
- Work with the Commercial Manager to actively reconcile and manage the profitability of the BU
- Support Commercial Budget/re-forecast process to deliver a reasoned & challenged GP forecast
- Ensure all costings signed off and confirmed in good time for launch
- Support delivery of a controlled and understood financial period end with no outstanding queries
- Supporting the finance team on projects
- Provide cover across the finance team as required
- Complete Ad-hoc requests from the commercial teams
- Fully qualified, CIMA or ACCA with at least 4 years work experience.
- Prior experience in a commercial facing role in a high paced environment
- Balanced but comprehensive insight into P&L and balance sheet
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Advanced Excel skills a must, able to quickly learn new complex systems
- Logical, commercially astute approach to solving business problems
- Strong desire to succeed
The role is a 12-month fixed term contract to cover maternity and is ideally to start in December 2021/January 2022. You will be expected to be on site in Spalding for a minimum of 3 days per week, with the option of home working for the other days.
Due to the anticipated high volume of applications we may receive for this advertisement, it is with regret that we may only be able to contact those applicants successful in being shortlisted. However, your application for this or any further roles, may mean that we are able to contact you when additional vacancies become available. Should you not want this to be the case, please feel free to contact us directly to ensure we are aware of your wishes.
StormX Recruitment Ltd is an employment agency and employment business.