A comprehensive, mixed secondary school and sixth form is currently recruiting for an experienced LSA to join their SEN support team. This is a full time, permanent position with an immediate start. Working hours are 33 hrs per week between the hours of 8:00am and 3:50pm, term time only.
Reporting into the SENCo, you will be working across both the mainstream classes, under the direction of the teaching staff, as well as within the school's designated ASC provision.In this role, you will be required to:
- Work with students on a 1:1 and small group basis, providing both in-class and withdrawal support
- Support students with a range of needs, including ASC and EAL
- Work across both the mainstream classroom as well as within the school's designated ASC provision
- Assist with developing and implementing individual Education and Behaviour Plans, under the direction of the SENCo and class teachers
- Work effectively with teaching and support staff at all levels as well as with parents/carers, students and external agencies
The school is looking for an experienced LSA with experience supporting secondary-aged students with a range of needs. Recent graduates who are looking to pursue a career in education are also encouraged to apply.
Located in Sutton, the school is situated on an expansive green site, with state-of-the-art labs, specialist classrooms and excellent sporting facilities. It is located a short walk from National Rail services and parking is available on site.
To apply for this Teaching Assistant role please don't hesitate to send your cv to
- As a Sunday Times Top 100 employer, we're committed to putting candidates & staff first
- We employ the best in the business to provide an exceptional service to our candidates
- More free CPD courses than any other education recruiter
- Awarded REC Audited Education Gold Standard status and we're proudly an Equal Opportunities Employer