Our client based in Bridgend is looking for an experienced Finance Officer for an immediate start ongoing temporary assignment.
You will be required to provide financial support for grants that fall under the remit of the Financial Planning and Budget Management section.
Working under the supervision of the Finance Manager you will provide support and assistance on grant claims, draw down of grant funding and correspondence with internal departments to ensure accurate interpretation of the terms and conditions of the grant funding.
Duties will include :-
- Prepare grant claims for submission to Welsh Government
- Monitor all financial activity of the grant-funded schemes through effective regulation and auditing procedures
- Checking compliance and investigating all non-compliance issues
- Up-date financial systems ensuring they meet authority requirements
- Respond to financial queries and correspondence from service managers
- Ensure grant income is received and allocated in a timely manner
Knowledge & Experience :-
- Previous experience of working within a financial environment
- Financial competency and experience in developing budget management
- Experience of computerised financial packages to include Excel spreadsheets
- Previous budget management and financial reporting experience
- High level of numeracy and accuracy with an eye for details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills