Grafton Banks Finance are working with a London based General Insurer to recruit a Group Financial Accountant on a 6 month contract.
Working as part of the External Reporting team this is a contract role to manage the balance sheet accounts for a number of entities including year end accounting and audit.
The role will require an experienced qualified financial accountant with strong balance sheet management and statutory accounting experience. Insurance industry experience is a benefit but isn't essential. The role can be completed largely remotely.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, schedules and notes to ensure the monthly and annual account represent a true and fair view of the business performance.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations, scheduled and notes to ensure appropriate financial risk management through proportionate controls and oversight of the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Perform analytical review of balance sheet items to ensure business performance is appropriately reflected in the Group and subsidiaries financial statements.
- Preparation and maintenance of monthly accruals and prepayments.
- Preparation and monitoring effectiveness of accounting provisions and deferrals, including but not limited to insurance specific items.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for P&L, balance sheet and cash flows including month on month movement commentary on key movements.
- Drafting annual financial reporting including business reviews, statement notes and preparation of primary financial statements.
- Investigation of reconciliation deficiencies, ensuring appropriate escalation and business engagement is achieved.
- Preparation of Statutory Financial Statements for the Groups subsidiaries.
- Assist the Group auditors to ensure that the year-end audit process runs smoothly.
- Maintain excellent working knowledge of applicable UK GAAP accounting policies.
The role is to start ASAP so you must be available at short notice to be considered. The role can be completed largely remotely. This role will either pay a day rate Inside IR35 - up to £550per day or an equivalent FTC salary.