Technical Director, £90k to £110k, Guildford
Avanti Recruitment is currently working with an awesome games company with a very cool studio in Guildford. Most people are working 3 days a week from the Guildford studio and 2 days from home. It's a really fun environment and this role would be an exciting step for someone at a senior level in the games industry with a programming background.
With a passion to deliver high-end cinematic games, our client is making a real name for themselves in the industry.
They have a brand new role (due to promotion of the current Tech Director) to work on exciting new projects.
Using Unreal Engine they are aiming to make the player experience even better. You can help them on this journey!The Role;
- You will be a key part of the senior leadership team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Elevating the stylised world defined by the Creative Director incorporating characters and environment through cutting-edge technology
- (We want to push the boundaries of areas such as hair and cloth simulation, cameras, VFX and lighting)
- Collaborating with the other discipline directors to provide a clear vision for the game, and help to communicate that vision to the team
- Providing pragmatic technical solutions to support the features of the game
- Giving technical advice to help with project planning
- Working closely with the programming leads across the studio to ensure high quality code that meets the requirements of the game
What we're looking for:
- Breadth of Knowledge - you have broad knowledge of game development, spanning both the technical and creative areas of production
- Great Communicator - you are able to communicate clearly with and get the best out of groups and individuals
- You are able to rapidly understand requirements and issues, in order to accurately specify solutions
- Skilled Engineer - you have excellent programming skills, but with a director-level perspective
- Proven Background - you have been a major player in the production of AAA titles
- Experience shipping games on console or PC
- Detailed knowledge of SDK and technical requirements of Sony PlayStation 4 and 5, Microsoft Xbox One and S|X Series, or high-end Windows PC
Why Join Us?
- We make big games with small teams
- Challenging and rewarding projects as standard
- 25 days annual leave
- Pension and life assurance
- Social events - including large summer party
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making allows good ideas to flourish
- We celebrate and nurture talent
- Our supportive, inclusive and friendly team culture is something we are proud of
- Work-life balance is something we respect and protect
- Ultimately, you'll work on the cutting edge - making innovative and immersive games
For more information please don't hesitate to contact Mike Walton at Avanti.