RSR Police is a market leading recruitment business dedicated to supplying experienced practitioners on a temporary, contractual or permanent basis to the Law Enforcement, Cyber Security, Offender Management and Regulatory Services talent markets.
RSR Police are currently recruiting for a Business Services Manager to be based in central Birmingham as a part of wider team within a National Policing Unit. The role will see you being be responsible for effective financial management and budgetary control on behalf of the Head of unit. This requires liaison and negotiation with 43 UK Police Forces to ensure costs attributable to the unit are accurately identified and recovered from forces.
This role is a temporary contract until the end of April 2022, working Monday to Friday office hours. The rate of pay for this role is £22.18 per hour PAYE.
- Work with Finance and HR departments to lead on and manage complex National Contracts and Procurement Tenders with West Midlands Police and the Home Office
- Provide support to funding papers, national agreements and national projects to deliver NPCC funding, S22A Collaboration Agreements and support Police Transformation Fund bids to the Home Office for the unit
- Negotiate and influence engagement with West Midlands Police as the host force to ensure the unit's Enabling Services are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Highlight and report significant issues to the Head of Intelligence and/or Head of Strategic Co-ordination and the Head of unit where appropriate
- Deliver an effective Business Administration Function
- Deliver Effective Financial Management and effective Budget Control
- Set NPCC Annual Force Funding contribution levels for the unit
- Lead the Enabling Service Team within the unit
- Provide financial reporting for funding agreements and papers
- Act as the point of contact for HR and Financial advice for the Head of unit
- To maintain financial and asset records for the unit
- Knowledge of Financial and HR regulations
- Knowledge of Finance systems to include the ability to understand and report on finance systems
- An Understanding of Policy Development
- Strategic Influencing Experience
- Leadership/Management Experience especially management of a team
- Ability to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong communication skills
This role will be subject to vetting and the successful individual will be required to obtain and maintain these clearances. Although this role is based in Birmingham City Centre there will be the requirement for travel to other areas depending on business needs.
If you would like to be considered for this position and have the relevant experience, then please apply now.
Due to the high volume of applications received, if you do not hear from us within 7 working days, your application has been unsuccessful.
RSR Police is member of the Red Snapper Group.
The Red Snapper Group acts as an employment agency (permanent) and as an employment business (temporary) - a free and confidential service to candidates.
The Red Snapper Recruitment Group is an equal opportunities employer.