Paralegal - Family Law
£22000 - £25000
Work from home optional
Join one of Llanelli's leading firm of solicitors who are currently in a growth phase and looking for top local talent to join their organisation.
This position is based in the Family Law department and would suit either an experienced Paralegal or a newly qualified Solicitor passionate about Family Law.
The role will encompass all aspects of family law including:
- Divorce, Ancillaries, Child Care Proceedings, Child Arrangements, Domestic Violence and Non Molestations.
- The role is varied, challenging, can be stressful at times, fast moving but interesting and rewarding
- The Practice has a large Legally Aided case load of clients as well as private paying clients
Applicants should have the following skills and attributes:
- The ability to deal with clients face to face and exceptional communication skills
- The ability to empathise with the client whilst remaining professional at all times
- Be able to cope with emotionally taxing situations
- Be capable of developing relationships and assisting people
- Strong drafting and negotiating skills
- An understanding and experience of litigation and other dispute resolution methods
- The ability to explain the Legal process to clients who may be challenged and/or have little legal knowledge of how proceedings work
- The ability to work with people of all ages and walks of life including children and the elderly
- Knowledge of Legal Aid funding an advantage but not essential
- Experience of working on a Case Management system an advantage but training will be given
- Must enjoy a busy fast paced environment
This position offers applicants the chance to join a leading practice who are offering a solid package. Applications from experienced Paralegals and graduates are both welcome.
For more information contact Kim Simpson a Work Wales for a confidential discussion.