This is a key role for the next 4-6 months and will be responsible for stakeholder management/engagement and ongoing development of the IT knowledge base management and system management of a number of clinical systems and applications including EPR (Electronic Patient Record) and National Booking Service (NBS).
You will be required to frequently engage with business stakeholders, capturing new requirements, defining outcomes to deliver and document changes. Adopting all of the clinical systems, NBS and clinic management, you will be responsible for advising the Programme Board, and associated stakeholders on all aspects of the decisions taken in line with requirements. This role also has responsibility for ensuring configuration is completed correctly allowing patient activity to be fully recorded, working closely with the Data Quality Team Leader to ensure data quality and requirements are met.
This role will also act as the knowledge manager for IT ensuring all aspects of the knowledge management process is followed and undertaken by all staff.
* Customer-facing; empathise with users, good interpersonal skills, display active listening skills, polite telephone manner, courteous
* Business awareness; display a working understanding of the trust and an appreciation of the business applications
* Ensure knowledge from all other ITSM processes are collected, compiled and shared accordingly.
* Maintains knowledge management systems and content to meet business needs based on ITIL best practices.
* Configures and develops knowledge management systems and standards. Supports changes to work practices to support capture and use of knowledge.
* Managing the structure and quality of data in the knowledge base
* Training staff internally and externally, including public speaking
* Reviewing the lessons learnt, post-implementation reviews and turning this into quality knowledge for the team
* Ensure all technical and configuration documentation is up to date and accessible.
* Advise on required project handover documentation and ensure all knowledge is transferred and disseminated to the operational teams via the SKMS.
* Ability to manage conflict and mediation both inside the team and between teams/services
* Logistical; articulate and methodical, analytical, numerate and literate, work well under pressure, good time manager, good team worker, ability to multi-task
* Personal attributes; punctual, tenacious, persevering, use initiative.
* Manage Clinical EPR and non-clinical applications, NBS system within the Trust to maintain service delivery and continual improvement to ensure that the system is fit for purpose.
* Manage the development of all application system software working with NHS Digital, system suppliers and Trust IT staff as required by the Trust Corporate and Clinical Directorates.
* Direct and guide end-users on data collection across the organisation, promoting the importance of data integrity and the use of good data to inform effective decision-making.
* o be an expert in the interface between applications and other systems in the Trust
* To deputise for the Programme Management Team (on matters relating to NBS) when on leave or for meetings as requested
* To be able to use the NBS and other application reporting tools.
* Provide specialist advice on Application specifications, requirements & functionality.
* To work closely with the key stakeholders on the Mass Vaccination programme.
* To attend NBS and Mass Vaccination meetings when required.
* To ensure processes are updated regularly and known to users in regards to the management of Clinical Systems and applications.
* Provide appropriate help desk functionality accurately logging and communicating issues and problems with the National Helpdesk and system suppliers.
* To propose changes, write and implement departmental policies with regard to working processes and procedures for all Clinical Systems.
* To ensure Trusts Clinical Systems Standard Operating Procedures are updated, known to users and adhered to.
* To assist with auditing of Clinical Systems as required
* To ensure self and members of the team are fully trained and up to date with all aspects of the Trust's Clinical Systems and Applications.
* To ensure all applications training materials are current and known to users
* Ability to train users of the Trust's Clinical Systems.
If you are immediately available and interested in an opportunity that can have a real impact on everyday life, then we would love to hear from you. To find out more about this position, please contact Keith Wilkins or send your CV for review.
Please note that every application received is personally reviewed by our specialist team and it does not use automated screening tools. On occasion, a high volume of applicants will mean that we are unable to respond personally to your application and should this be the case please accept our apologies in advance.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this role.
Avocet Strategic Resourcing is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships