About The RoleJob Title: Workshop EngineerLocation: Poole areaCompetitive salary and performance bonusFull Time, permanent positionEnjoy hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical engineering? Live in the Poole area? Come and do something you love...
Do you enjoy engineering and finding solutions to challenges with hydraulic equipment? Do you have a good knowledge of single and three phase electrical equipment? If you are based in or near Poole and love working with hydraulic, mechanical and electrical engineering, we have a great opportunity for you to join us at phs Group - the leading hygiene services provider in the UK.
phs Wastekit is looking for an experienced engineer who will be working in our Poole workshops in Dorset. This interesting and diverse role will require you to strip and rebuild all machinery in the Wastekit product range, ensuring quality, productivity, environmental and safety standards are maintained in line with phs Group procedures. If you are great at fault-finding on machines such as balers and compactors, this is the role for you.A day in the life of a Workshop Engineer at phs Wastekit:
The ideal candidate for a Workshop Engineer at phs Wastekit will:
- You'll be regularly liaising with the Workshop Manager to plan and accurately record your daily tasks
- You get to do what you love, getting involved with the maintenance and repair of equipment, including fault-finding and diagnostics on company-issued equipment and vehicles
- You'll need to be able to use hydraulic and electrical circuit diagrams in order to carry our robust repairs
- We need to be compliant with the Company Health & Safety Policy and ensure the safe use of correct tools and equipment for any given repair
- We maintain a clean and tidy working area
- We correctly dispose of waste products or parts in accordance with legislation and company procedures
- We also ensure we adhere to Risk Assessment, Method Statements and Safe Systems of Work
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
- Your expertise in this role will include good fault-finding and diagnostic skills, with an understanding of hydraulic and electrical circuit diagrams.
- You will be able to demonstrate sound knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic principles and use electrical and hydraulic test equipment effectively.
- Naturally we always use good engineering practice and standards and as such you must comply with the regulations and instructions according to our policies, using cost effective but safe measures to carry out tasks
- As with engineering, our records must also be meticulous so you will need to complete any paperwork accurately and clearly. This will include paperwork or electronic data on parts used, time taken and the safe keeping of stock and stock balances / replenishment if required.
- We work as a team, so you should be willing pass on any technical knowledge that may help other engineers, and update your engineering knowledge when able to do so
- A good starting salary which will increase on successful completion of probationary period
- Pension scheme
- 31 days holiday allowance inclusive of bank holidays
- Ongoing career development opportunities
- Discounts with retailers including O2
- A 24-hour wellbeing helpline
- Free life insurance
offers customers the benefit of 35 years' experience supplying the best compactors, balers, and waste handling accessories. From our headquarters in Birmingham, we are perfectly placed to service clients throughout the UK. With our network of fully qualified and multi-skilled engineers on your side, you can ensure that your waste strategy is driving down your costs while enhancing your operations.
At phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true self to work without risk or fear of discrimination.