Gymboree Islington is looking to hire an energetic teacher and party leader to run our Saturday classes, lead parties during w-ends and help with cover work during the year. Following training the successful applicant will run our Saturday morning classes, lead amazing parties during w-ends and provide cover during the week for our award winning classes (Sensory Baby Play, Play & Learn, Music and Art). The right candidate is expected to take at least one party per w-end in addition to Saturday morning classes.But this role is not only about teaching and sitting at reception. If you prove yourself and wanted to increase your working hours the opportunity is always there to become a core member of the team.
We can give you responsibilities in other areas, based on your interest and competencies. Our teachers help work on marketing, product sales and operations. We might send you to deliver classes at schools or ask you to work on our social media channels. If you have potential in other areas and an interest to learn we will give you the opportunity to explore and grow.
Leading parties during the w-end would be your main role. Flexibility to work additional hours when necessary would be great.
Days requested: Half day availability on at least two Saturday and Sundays each month. Additional evening work opportunity.
We are looking for a very friendly, energetic, highly organized and hardworking person to join our wonderful team. If you like a busy and fun environment and are happy to jump into a very varied role, then this is for you!
- Passionate about working with children
- Fun, fun, fun, an explosion of energy
- A very positive, outgoing disposition
- Strong, pleasant and tuneful singing voice which can project loudly over a large room
- Confident to lead a large group of adults and children with lots of singing
- "No task is too small" mentality; i.e. happy to help at all levels
- Ability to stay energetic and active throughout the day
- Strong and healthy constitution
- Hard-working and efficient
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Very reliable and trustworthy
- Creative mind combined with a very organized mentality
- Confident to work on our reception, using a customer database and taking payments
- Hands on, practical approach to problem solving and tons of initiative
- Great customer relations
We are looking for both experienced Gymboree teachers and for candidates who would like to train for this fun job.
Please only apply for this role if you can see yourself working and growing in this environment for at least a couple of years. If you speak some Italian and are interested in this we might ask you to work for us in Italy during part of the summer season, leading English language camps.
References will be required.Please send a cover note explaining why you think you would be appropriate for this position and CV via the button below.
For more information please check out our website.