Morgan Hunt are currently working with a well-known Regulatory Body
based in London, in their search for a temporary Procurement Manager
to manage the delivery of best practice procurement and supplier partnership solutions to the organisation.
You will be responsible for managing a range of different tenders (from opening tenders, supplier evaluation, due diligence checks, selection, tender evaluation checks and contract award processes) including e-tenders.
You will strive for continuous improvement in supplier service and value for money (VfM) and will provide active support to business owners of supplier relationships and take action to make sure that supplier partnership's objectives are achieved
The successful candidate will have experience working in a Procurement environment, tendering contracts in line with Public Procurement Regulations 2015 (including Light Touch Regime) and OJEU or Find a Tender, including IT contracts.
You will have strong communication and negotiation skills, market knowledge and the ability to run legally compliant tenders as well as experience drafting and advising on complex tender documentation, specifications and pricing schedules to support the tender process.Job Title:
£250.00 - £300.00 Job Type:
Temporary (3 months, likelihood of extension)Hours:
Full-time (35 hours per week)Start Date:
- Leads the procurement function including the management and development of the Procurement Officer
- Provides effective forward planning to drive VfM across procurement activities
- Manages procurement and purchasing activities, working closely with the appropriate business area to deliver quality VfM outcomes
- Provides proactive engagement with stakeholders and advice to business areas on appropriate procurement strategies
- Supports activities to ensure compliance with EU, UK and all other relevant legislation and regulation impacting purchasing and procurement activities
- Manages tendering, selection and appointment processes (OJEU compliant where required) in close collaboration with business areas and leads on price negotiations.
- Negotiates with suppliers to agree contract terms in line with organisational p
- Reviews, updates and maintains procurement and contract management policies and procedures in accordance with standing financial instructions and regulatory requirements
- Implements and communicates policies to managers and provides training and support where required
- Monitors supplier performance against agreed service levels (SLA) and, together with business owners
- Supports development of initiatives to continuously improve VfM, quality, SLA performance, business continuity, sustainability and other aspects of supplier partnerships
- Maintains an active knowledge of the market for goods and services relevant to operation
- Makes sure that all procurement and purchasing actions are appropriately documented, through contracts, purchase orders, letters of engagement
- Leads engagement with other regulators to identify where opportunities for joint procurement exercises may exist and explore how these opportunities could be fulfilled.
- Full level membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply
- Experience in procuring a range of commodities, ideally including professional services, IT, facilities management and general office services, in the public and private sectors
- Knowledge of best practice procurement and supplier management techniques
- Knowledge of relevant EU and UK public sector procurement legislation and regulation
- Good IT skills including the full Microsoft Office Suite and relevant software.
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with competing priorities
- Ability to negotiate effectively with suppliers
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication, listening and interpersonal skills with the ability to deal tactfully and diplomatically with a wide range of people combined with an appreciation of the importance of confidentiality.
Please apply below to find out more information regarding this fantastic opportunity as a Procurement Manager.
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer. Job suitability is assessed on merit in accordance with the individual's skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.