Procurement Assistant opportunity with TOP Harrogate employer!£18.5K, rising to 19K after probation - Permanent - Full Time - Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours.
Excellent benefits including - Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, 22 days holiday, (rising to a maximum of 27 with length of service) plus bank holidays, Retail Discount Card, Product Discounts, Car Salary Exchange, Onsite Parking and more! Client Details:
Our client is an industry leader in their sector.
A 'Top Employer' in the Harrogate area, they offer a friendly and supportive working environment, based in modern offices. Job Description:
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the key duties of the Procurement Assistant include:
Procurement Assistant Profile
- Solve internal queries, problems with orders or invoices in an efficient and timely manner
- Monitor the purchasing inbox; answer queries on product information and prices
- Maintain current pricing for all stock spend
- Tender requests and submissions
- Contract agreement implementation
- Complete and edit Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Implement a preferred supplier list
- Build relationships with suppliers to support the company's profitability
- Generating supplier performance reports
- Reduce carriage costs
- General office administrative duties such as making enquires, gathering info, data entry, scanning, filing etc
The ideal Procurement Assistant will ideally have experience in a similar role, i.e. purchasing/procurement/buyer within manufacturing and material planning. However, our client will consider applications from candidates with strong administration experience.
You MUST have strong IT skills, particularly in Microsoft Excel, as well as having a professional telephone manner and high attention to detail. You will be a team player and have the ability to be pro-active when required.
If you want to take advantage of this fantastic opportunity, APPLY NOW!