Our client is leading commercial venture at the centre of the UK de-carbonisation process.
This is a business and job opportunity to play a central part in the transformation on the UK energy sector.
Following a recent expansion, a major transformation programme is underway to support a nationwide digitization rollout project. This is an outstanding opportunity to develop & broaden your leadership skills working within a talented but smaller team. You will be providing high visibility and genuine opportunity to both drive and support the strategic systems support of the business.Role:
Skills and experience: Essential:
- Seeking an experienced and qualified project accountant / systems specialist to provide improvement and direction of the existing data structures. This will allow for more effective visualisation through consistent data reporting for the major stakeholder group.
- A high profile role to develop a best practice control environment to support quality finance data and manage compliance and risks within the finance team.
- Responsible for managing a team of finance data analysts that support the finance team and wider business to ensure data clarity and integrity.
- Review Work with the head of transformation and data to create a clear data strategy and ensure its implementation in a timely manner with appropriate controls.
- Work closely with the Business Improvement and Internal Audit (BIA) team to understand the annual schedule of internal and compliance audits and manage these within the finance team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage and maintain the finance risk register, ensuring all risks are captured. Documenting any required mitigating actions, in line with the wider risk appetite. Ensure all actions are prioritised, assigned to owners and completed by the due date.
- Assist in finance transformation and continuous improvement as the subject matter expert for controls and risk mitigation to ensure appropriate controls are embedded in all processes.
- Manage the statutory audit feedback in relation to management letter points and agreed upon procedures and ensure an action plan is created and tracked for any control weaknesses identified.
- Manage the finance policies and review and update them on a periodic basis, as required
- Oversee financial modelling (ongoing operation of models will be by responsible FBP). This includes support for business cases, the need to liaise with regulators, customers, vendors, banks and technical, operational and commercial teams
- Understand the system controls available to us and ensure these are being used appropriately, both in relation to approvals, data quality and data accuracy. Where systems controls are not effective or available, highlight this via the risk register and support with interim solutions and ensure the risk is appropriately mitigated.
- Create process to monitor compliance with finance policies. Monitor, record and report non-compliance on a monthly basis. Where this highlights control weaknesses, address these to prevent future non-compliance.
- Be the main contact for finance data security, working with the information security team to ensure we have the correct controls in place over personal and confidential data
- Proven accounting knowledge (via ACA, ACCA, ACMA/CGMA or relevant degree preferably in finance / accounting)
- Strong management and leadership skills, demonstrated through line management experience § Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, generally numerate with the ability to complete analysis, evaluate these and present findings to colleagues
- Experience of data modelling and handing models over to others to maintain
- Ability to communicate complex issues concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to think innovatively and strategically about new ways of working
- Proactive in resolving issues or promoting best practice
With the programme at its early stages, the roles will provide outstanding development and progression. As all the positions are new, this will allow you to be challenged, pushed and ultimately rewarded as they shape and mould your career.A private company working closely with energy regulator, we are keen to speak to candidates with experience preferably gained from corporate matrix clients or with exposure within regulated markets; Eg: (Energy / Communications / Water / Transport)