Caretaker Needed For Newcastle School
School Caretaker required for a permanent role starting soon.
I am currently working in partnership with a large school in Newcastle to recruit an experienced caretaker.
The role is temporary, or permanent for the right fit.
DBS is essential
Your new company
You will be joining a welcoming and experienced school leadership and support team. You will be working closely with the school business manager to provide a safe environment for children and staff across the school premises and grounds.
Your new role
As a school caretaker you will be report to the school business manager and hold several key responsibilities across the school which will include:
- Opening and/ or closing the site securely
- Supporting the cleaning staff with duties throughout the school
- Litter picking/ ensuring refuse is stored and collected as required
- Testing fire alarms and ensuring Health & Safety processes are followed
- Ensuring heating and lighting systems are working correctly and are on at the appropriate times
- Porterage duties including supporting with the set up/ clear down of rooms for ad hoc meetings, assemblies, productions, exams etc
- Mowing lawns and managing plant/ flowers in outdoor spaces
- General maintenance across the school facilities
What you'll need to succeed
To succeed you will have experience of key holding/ providing maintenance in a large setting. You will need to be comfortable using a computerised system for job allocation of jobs within the team. You will be confident in carrying out basic joinery, plumbing and decorating as required, and working with external contractors for lager jobs. The role is subject to satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS disclosure.
What you'll get in return
You will be support by a dedicated Hays Consultant from registration who will work with you to find the right role to suit your skills and circumstances. You will enjoy competitive rates of pay which are based on the scale of the role you will be covering and will accrue holiday allowance as you work.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.