BSL Communicator for the deafLocation:
20 hours per weekSalary:
£16.50 per hourDuration:
Reed Further Education are currently working with an East London based College to recruit for BSL communicators to join their team on a temporary ongoing basis.JOB PURPOSE
To work as part of the Sensory Support Team in providing access to the College curriculum for Deaf learners.Additional Information:
The college has an established provision for deaf/hard of hearing & visually impaired learners.MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To support deaf learners by using BSL; SSE; Lip-speaking; Voice-over or note taking.
- To provide in class language clarification.
- To support in various situations: Inductions, interviews, classrooms, examinations,
Student Union meetings, etc.
- To assist the Access and Inclusion Coordinator in carrying out monitoring and quality assurance activities
- To work as part of a team and liaise with relevant curriculum teams and other
- To take part in any College training as required
- To fulfil administrative duties appropriate to the task
- To take part in training deaf learners to use support
- To promote deaf awareness within the College
- Any other duties appropriate to the post
- Communication Support Worker qualification or equivalent
- To have a minimum of CACDP/Signature British Sign Language Level 2 or Level 3
- GCSE English (A-C) or equivalent
- Working as a communicator in education
- The Education of Deaf people
- Deaf Culture
- Use both SSE and BSL and to adapt methods according to the needs of the learners
- Take clear notes
- Speak clearly for lip-reading
- Voice over
- To provide in-class language clarification
Reed FE is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.Successful applicants will be required to undergo a DBS check
- Understanding and commitment to the promotion of Equal Opportunities
- Work with minimum supervision
- Relate to both learners and staff
.Benefits of working with Reed Education:
When you work with Reed Education, you will have access to a range of expertise and advice as well as benefits. We can provide you with:
• Access to pension scheme
• Weekly Pay for all candidates
• Continual Professional Development
• Dedicated and fully trained consultants, here to promote and develop our staff
• Long Term and permanent vacancy focus
• Permanent vacancy access to reed.co.uk, the UK's largest, most visited online jobsite.
If this sounds like a role that you would like, please forward us your most up to date CV by clicking 'Apply Now'
. If you have any questions, then don't hesitate to contact your local Further Education branch, we would love to speak to you and help you figure out the next step in your career.