Real Estate Finance (1-3 PQE)Your new company
Our client is found amongst the rankings of top band for Chambers 2021 (Real Estate) and Legal 500 Real Estate Tier 1 (and other areas, such as Investment, Development and Corporate Occupiers). The main areas covered within the firm are investment, development, disposals, mergers and acquisitions, leasing, joint ventures, large-scale regeneration, infrastructure and energy development projects, real estate financing and restructuring, and pre-letting.
They work with key clients such as Aberdeen Standard Investments, Almacantar | Ballymore, Blackstone, British Land, Brookfield, Canary Wharf Group, CPPIB, Goldman Sachs, GPL, Hammerson and TFL
Their award winning international real estate practice has a reputation for executing the largest and most complex real estate deals with accuracy and at speed.
They provide advice on all aspects of general commercial property including investment, restructuring, development, acquisitions, disposals, corporate occupiers, PPP, corporate support work and real estate finance.
The group also has first-class standalone planning, dispute resolution and construction practices.Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- This role will entail a broad range of transactional real estate finance work, acting for both lender and borrower clients often with a cross border component.
- Manage work to support optimal utilisation; assist senior lawyers as required, acting as lead lawyer, where appropriate; delegate and provide feedback to juniors and communicate progress on tasks to supervisor and team members, consulting and offering solutions on difficult technical client issues; and manage the billing process as appropriate.
- Manage, develop and strengthen client relationships through anticipating client needs and expectations; and provide prompt responses and updates on progress.
- Support the firm and others - establish effective relationships with individuals and groups, across the global network; uphold the firm's values; contribute to the firm's initiatives (eg corporate social responsibility and diversity and inclusion activities); mentor and support juniors; raise profile by being involved with external bodies and supporting and attending marketing/industry events; and assist with internal training and preparation of legal precedents.
- Comply with risk requirements, firm policies and all relevant professional responsibilities and legislation and contribute to billing, engagement and client acceptance processes.
What you'll get in return
- Excellent academics;
- Ideally 2-4 years' PQE in transactional real estate, however they are open to considering candidates with more or less experience;
- Extensive experience across real estate development, investment, acquisitions and disposals required;
- Be admitted to practice in England & Wales or having recent transactional experience within the jurisdiction;
- Solid knowledge of chosen area of law and industry sector(s);
- Strong legal skills, including drafting, negotiation and project management skills; foundation level people management and business development skills; and
- Good understanding of law firm profitability and key drivers for financial efficiency; and ability to help manage costs and budgets.
What you need to do now
- Competitive Salary
- Hybrid working
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.