Construction (non-contentious) 2-5 PQEYour new company
Your new role
- Our client are a leading UK and international law firm which provides high quality legal advice tailored to both businesses and individuals.
- They address the specific objectives of each client through their flair and technical expertise and offer a personal service founded on a strong team ethic.
- With 130 partners and over 880 people in total, their main areas of practice are dispute resolution, corporate and commercial, real estate, private client and family.
- They have established a strong reputation in a variety of sectors, particularly private wealth, shipping, technology and property.
- Their lawyers are also recognised for their expertise in life sciences, education, retail, sports and entertainment and international trade.
- They pay great attention to matching your requirements with the right skills, delivered cost effectively and within the appropriate timescale.
- Among their clients they count multi-national corporations, public companies, professional partnerships, banks and financial institutions as well as private individuals, owner managed businesses and start-ups.
- They are conscious that our culture and close working relationships are vital assets and we are determined to maintain these as we increase in size.
What you'll need to succeed
- Their construction team is looking for a full time Associate to join their construction team.
- There will be opportunities to development know how and get involved with BD also and, as such, a desire to know the sector and work they are involved in is extremely important.
What you'll get in return
- The ideal candidate will be 3-5 years qualified have previous experience of working within a construction team or housing practice.
- The candidate will mainly have experience of non-contentious construction law, std form construction contracts and some experience of commercial and/or housing development work.
- A good working knowledge of the various std form contracts, including JCT, NEC and EPC forms, their standard amendments and market norms is ideal, as is a willingness to take on more bespoke, complex agreements and/or typical development arrangements with appropriate supervision.
- Experience of problem solving and, advisory/ disputes avoidance work, would also be welcome, but the principal focus of the role is for a non contentious candidate and so this is not essential.
- The candidate must importantly demonstrate the ability to work as a team player, be willing to get involved with a good spectrum of work and have a can do attitude with a view to maintaining the continued growth, success and dynamism of their growing team .
- The firm operates a hybrid agile working policy allowing employees to work from home (or another UK location) for at least 50% of their time.
- Individuals can also apply for other flexible working options either at the time of recruitment or during the course of their employment.
What you need to do now
- Flexible working options available.
- Competitive salary.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.