Heyland Recruitment are working exclusively with an AIM listed specialist services organisation as they look to recruit an ambitious Divisional Accountant to join their finance team at their new head office location in Salford. This business has expanded rapidly through organic growth and acquisition and to support the business through further expansion they now require a Divisional Accountant to provide key support to the wider group function.Key Responsibilities
Desired Skills / Experience
- To provide support to the Financial Accounts Manager, the Finance Director, and the Financial Controller, developing a close working relationship with them.
- To ensure that accurate consolidated monthly management information and analysis is delivered to internal management in accordance with the strict monthly reporting timetable.
- To review the submissions from all companies and investigate variances and KPIs.
- To establish an internal audit function and undertake control reviews on the companies within the division.
- To onboard newly acquired companies within the division and assist the integration team in moving them onto the group reporting structure.
- To ensure that acquisition balance sheets and consolidation adjustments are correctly prepared and identified.
- To assist in the preparation of the group's annual financial statements in line with FRS102 and to assist the Financial Controller with the further analysis required for financial statements under IFRS.
- To assist with Corporation tax compliance and analysis for the group's tax advisers
- Ad-hoc support including reporting analysis and other special acquisition projects.
- ACCA/CIMA qualified / finalist / latter stage studier
- Experience of group consolidation accounting
- Good knowledge of control environments
- Strong excel skills
- Capable of working effectively under pressure
- Tenacious approach
- Good people skills
- Desire to develop their career as the group grows
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to exhibit resilience
- Determination to succeed in a deadline driven environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work without supervision
- Sage 200 and Tagetik experience preferred but not essential
If you feel you have the necessary skills, then please apply to get full details.