- Assistant Accountant
- Part or fully qualified
- 2-3 months Temporary position
- £200-£250 per day
Working for a listed business with a global network of offices, the UK finance team requires an experienced Assistant Accountant to join them for 2-3 months.
The team is very collaborative and will be keen for you to settle in quickly and help during a very busy period. You will be trusted to work autonomously to ensure the deliverables are completed. There will be initial training and a handover, as well as a very approachable team if you have questions.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, this Assistant Accountant role will be working within a fast paced financial services environment. The duties will include:
Cash management, financing and treasury:
- receipt of distributions from investments
- assisting with cash analysis
- ensure payment runs are approved and processed
- Updating of cash flow forecasts
- Manage drawdowns and repayments
- Preparation of weekly cash plans
- Assisting with the establishment of bank accounts
Assisting with the preparation of financial reporting:
- Preparation of cash books and accounting journals
- Quarterly interest accruals
- Interaction with external auditors
- Preparation of holding company accounts under FRS 102
- Liaising with finance managers and where appropriate third-party service providers
- Maintain loan
- Providing support for the preparation of quarterly reporting packs for the Board of Directors
- Working with the Fund Manager, Portfolio Director to identify efficiencies, process improvements and provide information requests to the businessSkills & Experience
- Ideally be immediately available.
- Experienced as an Assistant Accountant.
- Will have strong communication skills both written and verbally.
- Will be willing to work in an hybrid environment: 3 days a week in the office, 2 days a week at home.