Commercial Accountant required for global manufacturing business based in the heart of Liverpool. This business is one of the regions best employers and is a market leader in their sector. It places its staff at the heart of the business and this role offers fantastic progression and the opportunity to make a real difference to the business.
The Commercial Accountant will demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels with Finance and non-Finance managers across business. You'll be a true Business Partner who is passionate about developing your understanding of the business to provide your expert advice, insight and analysis to enable them to effectively control costs.
Key Role Requirements:
- To produce/manage product costings for commercial and operational managers as required and prepare tender documents.
- Undertake cost inflation analysis to support Sales in their negotiations with customers.
- Continually improve the costing process to enable greater value adding support of the Commercial and Sales teams (with the support of IT).
- Evaluation, review and post audit of commercial activities such as new customer/product listings, sales promotions, new product development, value engineering.
- Prepare and execute the production of the weekly Flash forecast P+L, in accordance with prescribed formats, timescales and procedures, including the presentation of summary information to senior management.
- Provide support to the Commercial Accountant in the production of the monthly profit forecast for the division, with distinct areas of responsibility.
- Assist the Commercial Accountant in the preparation and production of annual budgets for the division.
- Provision of financial data and analysis to Operational management, Finance Managers or Group Finance as required
- Interpretation, communication and enforcement of Group rules, policies, and procedures
- Liaison with internal and external audit personnel as required.
- To provide cover to the Commercial Accountant where required.
Ideally candidates will have FMCG or manufacturing experience and have the following;
- Strong stakeholder and relationship management skills
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with the confidence to challenge others
- A collaborative, team working approach
- Excellent IT and data management skills. Experience of SAP or similar financial system. Advanced level MS Excel Skills with the ability to manipulate large, complex data sets
- Problem solving and analysis skills
This role is based in central Liverpool but has flexible working on offer. I am expecting a large amount of interest in this vacancy so please contact me asap or apply using the links below.Who are Resourcery Group?
We are one of the North West's most experienced and well-networked, independent Accounting & Finance, Change and Transformation recruitment consultancies. Resourcery Group
have grown quickly since inception and are now considered as the go-to recruitment partner and trusted adviser by many of the region's leading employers, from owner-managed SMEs and PE-backed business to listed PLCs.
We are sector agnostic, finance specific. A local market expert with national reach. Resourcery Group
specialise in talent identification, attraction, resourcing and retention,
providing our clients with a diverse pool of talent drawn from the Executive, Sub-Executive, Mid-Market and Newly Qualified, Part-Qualified and Transactional markets for Industry & Commerce, Public Sector and Not-for-Profit. Please visit our website
: www.resourcerygroup.com for more information on the business ethos and how we create value as part of the recruitment cycle, complimenting internal talent teams.