Revenue Accountant - Digital Entertainment
Global digital entertainment company are looking for a Revenue Accountant to support the Finance team and work with some of the biggest brands in entertainment; This is an exciting role and opportunity for someone looking to build their media industry experience.
You will be responsible for overseeing all revenue streams including content sales, digital advertising, music, original production commission and licensing to name but a few. Each stream has a different business model and a corresponding, often complex contract so ideally you will have a background in interpreting contracts and how clauses impact revenue recognition.
Previous experience of managing revenue transactions for any of these business models before would be of huge benefit, however a demonstrable background in licensing and merchandising revenue is vital to be a success in this role. You must be comfortable in handling booking of royalty accruals, advances and guarantee shortfalls as well as dealing with invoicing and payments directly with licensees and global network of licensing agents. Knowledge of how to deal with WHT would also be a bonus.Responsibilities
- Drive revenue accounting month-end close processes by creating and validating accruals, preparing and posting journal entries whilst ensuring policy compliance, all to agreed timelines.
- Gain a solid understanding of business transactions and accounting flow, whilst identifying and recommending continuous improvement initiatives related to revenue processes, championing any new processes which support the departmental and organisational objectives.
- Document sales contracts and related revenue accounting treatment in accordance with company policies.
- Assistance with budgeting and forecasting across all revenue streams, as required.
- Preparation of balance sheet reconciliations, mainly deferred revenue and costs.
- Involvement in the annual audit process for the Group.
Qualifications and Experience:Necessary
- Other ad-hoc tasks as and when these arise.
- Previous experience of accounting for merchandise royalties
- Part Qualified or Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA
- Knowledge of WHT
- Strong excel skills
- Knowledge of Netsuite would be beneficial, but not essential
- Familiar with commercial contracts
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.