Company Accountant / VAT Specialist
Working within the finance team and reporting to the finance Director this is an excellent opportunity to joing a very well established and highly successful company.
The role of Company Accountant / VAT Specialist will involve -
* Leading on all VAT matters
* Providing vital support in the preparation of tax and other compliance returns
* Prepare and review VAT returns.
* Monitor postings made to VAT accounts and ensure all journals are correct and supported by appropriate documentation.
* Help set up new customer VAT registrations to ensure correct treatment globally.
* Complete system testing for new VAT rules and new products.
* Prepare and provide VAT training for the business.
* Review balance sheet tax-related reconciliations.
* Assist with the review of the annual PSA returns.
* Liaise with tax advisors, both overseas and in the UK.
* Assist with tax authority queries and provide information for audit queries.
* Guide and advise accounts team and the wider business on VAT matters, new products, invoice complexities and ad-hoc queries
* Operating in multiple European jurisdictions
The ideal candidate for the role of Company Accountant / VAT Specialist will be
* An experinced accountant
* With extensive knowledge of VAT
* Experience working within a tax function
* Advanced Excel skills
* An understanding of customs and duties, and experience of working in a fast-paced environment would all be advantageous.
Don't miss out apply today!!
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications received we are unable to respond with feedback to all applicants. If you have not heard from us via telephone or email within 3 days, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for applying with us. TurnerFox Recruitment Team
Key words for this vacancy - VAT Accountant / accountant / senior accountant / TAX Specialist / TAX Senior / senior financial accountant
This vacancy is accessible from - Nottingham / Derby / Sheffield / Chesterfield / East Midlands