Pay: Kent Range 3-4 (£18,425-£18,517 FTE)
Start Date: Immediate
We are looking to recruit an experienced Teaching Assistant to work with our SEND pupils.
At St John's we believe in nurturing each individual pupil in order for them to reach their full potential. If you share this ethos then this is the school for you!
We can offer you pupils who are keen to learn, tailored opportunities for your professional development and a vibrant community in the heart of Canterbury, excellent facilities including a wonderful library and nature trail and a school where staff voice is highly valued.
We are looking for experienced practitioners who have high expectations for all children and believe in teaching and delivering a stimulating and creative curriculum.
We would like the candidate to:
- Have a genuine, professional interest in providing high quality teaching for all children
- Have a commitment to sharing responsibility for raising standards
- Be able to work effectively - independently, as part of a team and with the wider community
- Have good written and oral communication skills
- Show commitment, energy and enthusiasm
- Demonstrate flexibility in duties and approaches
- Have high expectations and enjoy being a member of a team
- Be able to work in partnership with parents and the wider community
- Be able to significantly contribute to the creation of a stimulating learning environment
- Have experience of working with SEND pupils including training in some of the following interventions:
- social skills
- sensory circuits
- pre-teaching vocab
- speech and language
- precision teaching
- focussed play
- emotional literacy
- fizzy/clever hands
- Attention autism
- Intensive interaction
This post is to work Monday - Friday, term-time only.
Closing Date: 19/10/2021 at 16:00
Information about the school
Ofsted 2018 graded St John's as a good school with an outstanding early years provision.
The school is larger than the average-sized primary school, with two classes in each of Years 1 to 6. The school has provision for early years foundation stage children, including two year olds, with a nursery and two reception classes. It is a Church of England voluntary controlled school.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
Please note that unfortunately we are not in a position to contact unsuccessful applicants.
Our School and all its personnel are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children. This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure Application to the Disclosure and Barring Service.