Our client is now looking for a Highway Surveyor to join our busy team in Newcastle!Temporary 3 - 6 months ContractSalary: £20,000-£21,000 per annum salary (OTE up to £26,000, performance-based bonus paid)About the role:
This is a field-based position completing all types of Condition and Asset Surveys of our clients' highway networks. As they undertake a wide range of survey types, you will need to be versatile and able to adapt to different methods of working. Some surveys can be undertaken from a moving vehicle and require data to be inputted to a laptop manually, some survey vehicles are automated and require the surveyor to operate the equipment, checking that everything is working correctly and navigating to clients' networks.
Finally, you will also be undertaking walked surveys, using our bespoke software you will inspect our clients' highway/footway networks and record condition and inventory data onto a handheld PDA. This will require interpreting mapping and description information to correctly identify the specific extents to survey. You may be required to walk more than 10km per day on some projects. When undertaking vehicle-based surveys, a works vehicle will be provided, during walked surveys, the surveyor will require the sole use of their own vehicle to travel to and from site locations.Highway Surveyors Requirements:
Highway Surveyors Benefits
- Full UK driving licence.
- Exclusive use of own vehicle.
- Reasonable level of fitness as role requires walking.
- Excellent IT literacy, including experience of MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent map reading ability.
- Good eye for detail to identify errors.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Flexibility to meet the business needs
- Experience of highway surveying
- Experience of using mapping applications (GIS)
- UKPMS Course Visual Inspection/Detailed Visual Inspection Accreditation
About the Company:
- Living away allowance and accommodation costs paid when working away
- Productivity/performance pay bonus
Our client is a leader in the highways market, providing a complete range of UKPMS Surveys (Course Visual Inspection (CVI) / Detailed Visual Inspection (DVI) / Footway Network survey (FNS) / SCANNER / Asset Surveys), and services to Local Authorities and engineering consultants to help them deliver better value for money and service in managing and maintaining our road network.
Our client is part of a French based engineering and infrastructure services provider, the company and its subsidiaries employ 1,700 people worldwide.If you feel like you meet the above criteria of the Highway Surveyors, please apply now!