We are currently recruiting for a qualified and experienced Accountant
to support a Corporate Finance Team focusing on the Medium Term Financial Strategy and understanding technical updates for Final Accounts and funding announcements for one of our local government clients based in Rochdale
will offer support to officers working with partner organisations, support with monitoring of relevant Government and grant returns, the preparation of budget setting modelling and reports and interpretation of technical funding updates.
They will also be involved with the ongoing improvements of the Finance Service and take a lead in key work streams within this programme.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
Please apply for further information
- Full CIPFA qualification or equivalent qualification recognised by CCAB
- Experience of financial management experience within a large complex organisation, preferably within local government
- Evidence of successful financial management, including preparation of budgets, budget monitoring and closure of accounts
- Evidence of your experience in developing new and improved systems and how this contributed to an improvement in service delivery.
- Experience of providing services to a wide range of audiences which are driven by quality and are responsive to customer/ stakeholders needs and expectations.
- Extensive and up to date knowledge of the legislative and relative regulatory frameworks
GPR is fully committed to the elimination of unlawful and unfair discrimination and values the differences that a diverse workforce brings to organisations. GPR will not discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (which includes colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. GPR will not discriminate because of any other irrelevant factor and will build a culture that values meritocracy, openness, fairness and transparency.