Interim Project ManagerHome Based6 Months +
A rare and exciting opportunity has arisen in the South Wales area to work for a highly regarded Public Sector body. This is an exciting opportunity and will offer the successful candidate a chance to manage and oversee the transition process of a public sector body to a new corporate vehicle, which is due to go live in February 2022.
The assignment is expected to last approximately 6 months, however for the successful candidate the role could be extended, or a fixed term contract may also be offered. The suitable candidate will possess excellent change management skills, ideally within a local authority background, coupled with a proven track record of delivering results.
Working and reporting into the Senior Project Manager, you will be required to support 10 local authorities to ensure the desired outcomes in accordance with the Transition Plan. You will lead the change management activity, to make sure there is a join-up of all areas of the Transition Plan and catalogue and work through all risks and issues to achieve the stated objectives.Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the interface across all sections of the Transition Plan and putting in place robust programme management structures to deliver key outcomes with a strong emphasis on quality assurance
- Ensure all workstream leads are delivered to set objectives and targets
- Evaluate and assess outcomes in real time, to ensure the programme in on track
- Report regularly to the Senior Management Team and Directors and resolve operational issues and provide solutions
- Undertake all stakeholder management, dealing with Politicians, Regional Cabinet Members and Government Officials as and when necessary
- Mange the transition of change and work with other managers to embed key changes within the operating models
- Measure and monitor key outcomes
- Compile written reports with key data and a focus on recommendations and actions
- Delivery of presentations
- Strong Project Management background
- Previous Governance experience highly desirable
- Experience of successful stakeholder management in complex change programmes
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing complex change programmes
- A recognised programme Management qualification - Prince2, APM, PMI
- Ability to set priorities, manage workload and that of a wider team in delivering against a challenging timeline
- Strong project leaderships and interpersonal skills, in order to build professional working relationships across multiple organisations
The role would ideally suit a candidate who has previous project management experience within a public sector background having successfully coordinated and delivered complex projects within set timeframes, to various stakeholders and to a high-quality standard.
You must possess excellent all-round communication skills, have the ability to work to tight deadlines and have had exposure of working within a similar role. You will be required to work a 37-hour working week however, my client does offer flexible working. The role will be home-based and all equipment will be provided, but occasionally you may be required to attend face to face meetings.
An immediate starter is required, therefore if you are free for work, please contact the office NOW for further information