Job Purpose This role is working in our 'Disease' department, the team deal with noise induced hearing loss cases and this role is a great opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps on their legal career path.
The Pre-Litigated NIHL (Noise Induced Hearing Loss) Assistant will run and maintain their own caseload between 50-70 pre-litigated files to conclusion or the point of litigation.
The File Handler Assistant will also assist Lead File Handlers with day to day case management tasks.
The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks on pre-litigated files to ensure all Client KPI's and SLA's are met.
This role would be ideal for a candidate who is looking for experience running their own caseload.Key Accountabilities
- Maintain a caseload of approximately 50-70 files
- Completion of Tracker Strategy document
- Sending out Initial Letters and completing initial file opening procedures upon receipt of new files
- Companies Searches and ELTO Searches
- Director searches and letters
- Instructions to investigators
- Telephone/email chasers to claimant solicitors, insurance companies and brokers for HMRC Schedule, medical evidence, mandates and updates.
- General admin including diarising dates for Protocol expiry
- Escalation of files to Team Leader for review when key milestones triggered
- Updating database on VF / Tracker
- Policy queries to client for insured
- Requesting documents from Insurer
- Request and review OH & Personnel records from insured
- Review medical, engineering evidence and witness evidence.
- File Closure
- Notifying brokers and co-defendants of closure
- General admin - diary dates
- Undertake ad hoc duties to support the team as required
- To ensure compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct 2019
- Adhere to the Keoghs Value
This is a full time, permanent position, 35 hours per week worked 9am and 5pm Mondays to FridaysWhat you can expect from us:
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- A learning culture with employee development at the heart of the people development pathway
- Excellent flexible benefits including Annual leave entitlement and Healthcare Cash Plan as standard
- Premium Headspace membership - teaching mindfulness, meditation and wellbeing
- Cash care Plan
- Death In Service - after 1 year
- Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Proficient in MS Office (word and excel in particular) and experience of using a Case/Claims Management system.
- Ability to use own initiative, self-organise and self-prioritise
- Good listening and communication skills
- Ability to self-organise and self-prioritise
- Ability to work under pressure and to target
- GCSE grade A-C in English and Math
Our culture is focussed on making Keoghs sustainable and successful for our people and clients, with this our five values are at the heart of everything we do;Keoghs values
We listen, are down to earth and supportive
We work together towards a common goal
We're friendly with a can do attitude
We care about our clients