Do you want to feel part of a large company that cares for the environment?
Do you want a job where you are outdoors, solving problems and helping others?
Are you looking for a career in the South West, with endless opportunities for development?
We currently have an opportunity available for a Leakage Technician to join our team working in Paignton. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £20,724 - £27,000 per annum plus a competitive benefits package including a company vehicle.
About the role:
The Leakage Technician reduces leakage either through proactive leak detection or by following up 'potential leaks' identified by the Leak Detectors. This will require the accurate 'pin-pointing' of leak positions to enable prompt and effective repairs. This opportunity will see you working outside with the ability to manage your own workload set out each day, we will even give your own van to use for work so you must hold a valid driving licence.
Responsibilities of our Leakage Technician include:
* Reducing leakage from the company's potable water network
* Locating and pin-pointing leak positions
* Tracing the route of water pipes and fittings
* Undertaking 'step test' as part of a team
* Mentoring Leakage Detectors to ensure best practice at all times
* Performing basic meter maintenance activities
* Undertaking all duties associated with Customer appointments ensuring company procedures are followed at all times
* Undertaking all work with due care and consideration for health and safety
* Undertaking any other reasonable tasks required to support the DWS and company vision
What we are looking for in our Leakage Technician:
* 5 GCSEs or equivalent in Maths, English and a Science subject
* NVQ Leakage Detection Level 2 / City and Guilds or ONC in a relevant subject is desirable
* Full clean drivers' licence
* A strong interest in the environment and demand management
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to work with and influence others
* Ability to plan well with a track record in delivering to tight timescales
* Enthusiastic and self-motivated with the ability to either work on their own or within a team
What's in it for you:
We know that the support and commitment of our staff is key to our success so you will receive the opportunity for ongoing development and training for a long-term career with us. We're one of the largest companies in the South West and are proud to have been awarded Investors in People recognition. Here's some of our benefits:
* 23 days' annual leave plus bank holidays
* Generous contributory pension scheme
* Share-save programme
* Annual bonus scheme
* Dedicated Training and Development
* Health & wellbeing benefits package
We're proud of the positive ways of working we have adopted during the pandemic. We want to create a more flexible and dynamic environment so all our colleagues can thrive.
South West Water is part of the Pennon Group, a very successful and stable business that prides itself on sustainability. We provide reliable, efficient and high-quality drinking water and wastewater services for a population of c. 1.7 million in Cornwall, Devon, and parts of Somerset and Dorset.
We believe that by investing in the future of our region, we are not only improving the quality of life for today's residents and visitors but are also taking responsibility for future generations. Responsibility for the environment is central to this. Our aim is to continually drive up standards, particularly in the areas that matter most to our customers.
Our core values which are essential to our success are:
* Trusted - We do the right thing for our customers and stakeholders.
* Collaborative - We forge strong relationships working together to make a positive impact.
* Responsible - We keep our promises to our customers, communities, and each other.
* Progressive - We are always looking for new ways to improve and make life better.
Closing date: Sunday 7th November 2021
If you are looking for a new challenge, please click apply now to be considered as our Leakage Technician - we look forward to receiving your application