Due to continued business growth, my client is currently recruiting for Workshop Foundry Operatives who are physical fit and enjoy working in a manual role and ideally have manual handling experience, (FULL TRAINING WILL BE GIVEN OVER AN 8 WEEEK PERIOD), any experience of working in an engineering or industrial environment, would be an advantage.
Basic salary - £24,420 plus a production bonus of £2,500 which is paid monthly after trained completed, = £26,920 (pay reviewing pending January 2022)
All overtime is paid at time and half Monday to Saturday and double time on a Sunday
Excellent benefits - 33 days holidays, pension, free parking and continued training and development.
Alternate weeks on the following shifts
Week 1 - 6am to 2pm or 6.30am to 2.30pm
Week 2 - 2pm to 10pm or 2.30pm to 10.30pm
* You will be involved in melting metal, pouring metal into ladles or moulds
* Removing castings from moulds, dressing castings, and moving foundry materials
* Cleaning equipment and work areas
* Moving sand, castings, or other materials about the foundry by hand, using shovels, wheelbarrow, or trolleys
* Removing runners and sprues, or other projections from castings with a hammer or grinder and stacking castings on pallets and inspecting for quality, always adhering to Health & Safety procedures