Learning Support Assistant (KS3 & 4) - Bury St Edmunds!
REED Education are currently working with a fantastic SEN provision in Bury St Edmunds, looking for Learning Support Assistants to join the team on a permanent contract basis, starting at the end of March 2021!
The school specialises in social, emotional and mental health and caters for children of secondary ages. The schools purpose is to provide an engaging curriculum for young people who have found education within a mainstream school challenging. The school has been graded 'Good' by Ofsted for many years and has a highly supportive and engaging senior leadership team. The role:
- Permanent contract
- Full & part time hours available
- Term time only (39 weeks per year)
- Starting ASAP
- Provides ongoing relevant training/courses
What you'll require:
- Supporting the teacher with the day to day running of the classroom
- Support the young people in small groups or on a 1:1 basis
- Supervise and/or take part in off-site activities, for example swimming, trampolining and other sports activities
- Monitoring and observing young people's behaviour - reporting concerns if and when necessary
- Offering encouragement, motivation and praise
- Previous experience of working with children or young people
- Previous experience of working with social, emotional and mental health (desirable NOT essential)
- A strong and resilient personality and nature
- Enthusiasm and able to provide motivation
- Ability to work within a team and confident for lone working
- Enhanced DBS check (we can provide this)
If this highly rewarding role is of interest to you then please 'Apply Now'. We will be in touch to discuss the role in greater detail.