We are looking for an experienced tutor near Luton to support a young lady with SEND within her care home. She is a creative girl who loves music, playing instruments, playing with water and swimming.
Our pupils have a range of individual needs and abilities, and we work very hard to match the tutor with the child who can most benefit from their skills and expertise. The ideal tutor would have experience of working with pupil with various needs including communication needs and learning difficulties. An understanding of PECS or Makaton would be an advantage.
This role take place five days a week at the pupil's home.
The successful candidates will:
- have some experience with SEN; many of our students require someone with experience in working with people who have Autism, ADHD, or communication needs
- be passionate about helping pupils overcome any barriers to learning and difficulties with engagement
- be able to build a rapport and strong relationship with children and professionals
- ideally, have some experience of helping children with their learning
- have the ability to motivate and inspire pupils
- use a person-centred approach in their work
- make the wellbeing, achievement, and progress of your pupils central to everything that they plan and do
- have the determination and energy to bring about continuous improvement in mental health and confidence.
At ASEND you will always be well supported by our highly qualified and experienced team and well-remunerated for your work.
If you are seeking a truly rewarding position and are passionate about enriching the lives of young people, then do not hesitate to apply now and one of our specialist team will review your application.