Over the course of more than 10 years, bp pulse has established itself as the market leader in electric vehicle charging, providing solutions for EV drivers to charge at home, at work and on the road. On our mission to make charging fast and hassle-free, our charging points have been used over 30 million times to enable around 200 million miles of zero tailpipe emission driving. We work with the world's leading vehicle manufacturers to support their customers, as well as some of the UK's biggest fleets, leasing companies and local authorities. We are the UK's only fully integrated, end-to-end manufacturer and operator of charging infrastructure, and our nationwide Polar network of public charge points is recognised for its quality and reliability. Following acquisition by bp in 2018, the company is continuing to grow; we moved to a brand new, purpose-built head office and production facility in Milton Keynes in July 2020 to support this growth and allow it to capitalise on a booming electric vehicle market.
This is an opportunity to join a business with an envious and unrivalled position in a fast-growing market, and ultimately help enable more people to transition to electric vehicles. You will not just be part of the biggest change in the automotive industry for a century - you will be at the forefront of it.Job Description
Responsibility for our Field Service Engineers (FSE) ensuring the quality standards of installation, service and repair deliver a service loved for its quality and a charging on the go network of >98% uptime.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks
- To supervise the running of a safe and efficient operational, working within clear guidelines to help achieve operational standards and defined outcomes for your responsibility area / shift approach.
- Team Shift/Time Management.
- To ensure current processes established on site are adhered to.
- To drive for a culture of continuous improvement through KPI management and process review.
- Discover training needs and provide coaching
- Carry out staff 121's
- Lead a team of home based, UK geographically spread, Field Service Engineers
- Manage processes to ensure that all Field Service engineers are properly equipped with tools and have an adequate stock of all critical parts and consumables at all times
- Undertake and support employee appraisals and pay-structure reviews
- Undertake disciplinary and related tasks in conjunction with HR support
- Maintain the SOPs for the department.
- Train all colleagues in line with the department SOPs.
- Deliver daily briefings to colleagues to ensure all messages are communicated in full.
Knowledge & Experience
- Qualified electrician with electrical maintenance experience
- Customer / consumer focused
- Understanding of electrical certification and submission
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge of distribution boards/ power cabinets
- Experience dealing with AC/DC voltage safely and isolation procedures
- High level organisational and planning skills, effective communication skills and the ability to build relationships.
- JIB recognised UK competency-based qualification (electrotechnical Level 3 NVQ or a formal UK electrotechnical apprenticeship)
- IET 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualified (BS7671:2018)
- 2919-1 Level 3 in Domestic, Commercial & Industrial Electric Vehicle Charging equipment installation or equivalent
- ECS card (Maintenance Electrician or electrician)
- Driving License
You will be joining a vibrant and energised sales team who are passionate about our industry and customers. Delivering the highest level of customer service and support at all times. You will be expected to demonstrate this same passion, energy and hunger to drive the business forward.