BMR Solutions are currently looking to recruit for a Production Supervisor to work for our client who are a large engineering company based in Chippenham, Wiltshire.
Job Title: Production Supervisor
Location: Chippenham, Wiltshire
Hours: 07.30 - 15.30(37.5 hour week - O/T available when required)
Key Skills & Experience: Production / Manufacturing / Team Leader / Supervisor / Rail Industry To take full ownership of completing manufacturing output on time and to budget
- Provide accurate output forecasts and early visibility of potential risk of delays to the production plan to allow sales planning reporting to be completed in line with monthly reporting cycles.
- Motivate and lead a team of multi-skilled production and stores technicians, (a mix of permanent and third party workers), to deliver all targets.
- Promote a culture of safety, equality, inclusion and diversity on the shopfloor.
- Utilise lean manufacturing techniques to ensure that the production plan delivers to customers' requirement on budget and in time.
- To take full ownership of managing resources in line with customer demand, increasing or reducing to deal with any peaks and/or troughs in customer demand. This includes utilising Third Party Workers sourced through approved suppliers.
- Manage labour recoveries and efficiencies in line with targets.
- Chair weekly cross functional meetings that include sales planning, material control and supply chain to support sales target
- Lead the team to make significant contribution to our continuous improvement initiatives and increase participation in our 3i programme
- Identify and implement corrective actions to address all workmanship issues that arise
- Drive the production team in achieving compliance with stock reduction and on time delivery targets
- Active participation in all NPI projects to ensure optimum production flow is in place prior to product being released into full production
- Proven track record of supervising a multi skilled workforce (essential)
- Ability to supervise a minimum of 40 direct reports (essential)
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet agreed customer demands (essential)
- Ability to take action to mitigate for issues that arise in order to hit customer promise dates and maintain On Time Delivery (essential)
- Driven by satisfying customer demands rather than purely monthly output value (essential)
- Proven track record of working with engineering and supply chain (essential)
- Proven track record of performance management, time management and personal development of direct reports (essential)
- Ability to manage production efficiencies, cost of poor quality and factory safety (essential)
- Ability to work shifts if required (essential)
- Experience of supervising in a unionised environment
- Experience of high mix low volume manufacturing
- Experience of safety critical industry
- Experience in Electronics, Mechanical, Electrical industries
- HND in related field e.g engineering, manufacturing or business