My client is looking for a trainee Finance Assistant to start as soon as possible within their small team in Windsor. This would suit someone looking for their first accountancy role after school or college. You will have a minimum of 5 GCSE or equivalent and be a bright and enthusiastic individual with a willingness to learn. (THIS ROLE WOULD NOT SUIT A GRADUATE).
If interested please apply asap as this is a great and rare opportunity in the current climate.
To actively support the clerical operations of the accounts payable function, through a commitment to achieving our site and company goals. Proactively support the UK Accounts Supervisors in tasks set out on a daily basis. You will be required to Complete payments and control expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. You will be required to input and maintain integrity of accounts payable data assigned to you, as well as general administration tasks as outlined below.
1. To communicate daily in a professional manner with suppliers, team members, all offices and other key stakeholders.
2. To reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
3. To maintain the accounts payable folder
4. In a timely and efficient manner - print and process high volumes of invoices for all offices with a minimum of supervision. Some one job per invoice others multiple.
5. Attaching invoices to statements and/ or actively chasing statements by email and phone calls.
6. Raising and logging queries in excel and chasing for resolution.
7. Responsibility and accountability for maintaining accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
8. Completing credit application forms and daily Bacs and Chaps requests.
9. Processing and monitoring Cass.
10. Ensuring that requests and queries are dealt with efficiently.
11. Make adjustments, handle queries and resolve problems within company guidelines and policy. To verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
12. To answer the telephone
13. To take responsibility for specific projects and tasks as instructed from time to time
14. Devising and maintaining office systems to best effect
15. Organising and storing paperwork, documents and computer-based information
16. Other general administrative duties associated with the Accounts Payable function
Hours : 0900 - 1730 Mon - Fri (Office Based - no home working)